Volunteer registration for the 2018 Calgary International Film Festival is now closed - thanks to everyone who signed up!
LAST YEAR SET SOME RECORDS!
- In 2017, the festival benefited from 404 volunteers across all positions. That’s an increase of 42% from the 2016 festival
- Those active volunteers contributed a combined 9,371 hours. That’s an average of 23.2 hours per volunteer
- Calgary Film strives to create an exciting and fulfilling festival experience for volunteers. Of our surveyed volunteers, 86% said they would volunteer again this year!
How to become a volunteer
Before you register, plan your involvement with three easy steps:
Step 1: Decide on your volunteer contribution
Volunteers are asked to commit to a minimum 16 hours during the festival or 26 hours pre-festival. By meeting the minimum hours, volunteers will receive a tag granting access to all general admission level films 15 minutes before showtime as long as there are tickets available.
Volunteers meeting the minimum also receive some sweet swag, like limited edition t-shirts and buttons as well as access to exclusive volunteer events.
Volunteers who exceed the minimum number of hours are eligible for more perks, ranging from General Admission Vouchers, all the way to our most committed volunteers, who complete 30+ hours and receive Festival Passes.
STEP 2: CHOOSE YOUR TOP 3 CREW CHOICES
Festival volunteers are assigned to a crew that is responsible for specific tasks. Please review the available crews before registering, even returning volunteers as a few things have changed since last year! There are two types of crews at the festival, Non-Venue Crews and Venue Crews.
General Crews are the largest crews at the festival and is where volunteers will complete the majority of their hours.
Specialized Crews are crews that require specialized skills to be verified before volunteers are placed. If you indicate on your registration an interest in a specialized crew, expect to receive an additional application information request.
You are required to indicate the top 3 crews you prefer when you register. Please note we can't guarantee placement on your desired crew. Please be flexible!
STEP 3: MARK YOUR CALENDAR, AND REGISTER
After you’ve decided on your volunteer commitment and have decided on your top 3 choices of crews, mark your calendar with these important dates:
- This year's festival dates are September 19 to 30, 2018
- Volunteer orientation is mandatory for new volunteers, and will take place August 4 from 1-2:30pm, August 22 from 7-8:30pm, and September 8 from 1 - 2:30pm
If you have any questions about the Volunteer Program at the Calgary International Film Festival, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com, or call 403-283-1490
Need more info? Download our 2018 Volunteer Handbook
Our 2018 Volunteer Handbook covers everything from crews to perks and so much more.