FAN OF THE YEAR CONTEST 2018
1. An Eventive account is necessary to participate in the contest.* In order to qualify, patrons must have purchased a ticket - or redeemed their ticket bundle or pass - for five or more films.
2. Once patrons have seen five or more short film packages or feature films, they must visit the Eau Claire Box Office in person to opt-in to the contest. A representative of Calgary Film will then verify the number of tickets purchased and films seen.
3.In order to qualify, entrants must provide a photo of themselves and be willing to provide their first and last name to be displayed on the Fan of the Year leaderboard located at the Eau Claire Box Office and online.**
4. Once an entrant has seen 10 films, they can visit the Eau Claire Box Office in person to receive a custom pin.***
5. The contest runs from the Opening Gala on Wednesday, September 19 until the end of the day on Saturday, September 29. Movies seen on Sunday, September 30 will not be counted toward the contest. Behind the Screen events are not eligable for inclusion in the total count.
6. The winner - the person who has seen the most film screenings - will be verified in the Eventive ticketing system to ensure that they not only obtained tickets to all the films they've purchased or redeemed, but that their ticket has been scanned upon entry to the venue. The winner will be announced at the Awards Party on Sunday, September 30. In the event of a tie, a name will be drawn live at the Awards Party to determine the winner.
7. After answering a skill testing question, the winner will receive a "Fan of the Year" trophy and a $1,000USD voucher from Delta Air Lines.
*Volunteers and Calgary Film Board Members are not eligable to participate.
**Entrants must sign a consent form that allows Calgary Film to use their name and photo in printed and/or digital promotional materials.
*** Limited quantites: first come, first serve.