FAN OF THE YEAR CONTEST 2017
1. All entrants must bring proof of attendance (e.g., ticket stubs or confirmation emails) to the Eau Claire Cinema Box Office once they have seen at least five films, at which point they will receive further instructions. All patrons who have seen at least five films are eligible for a golden button.
2. If they have not already done so, entrants must then create an Agile account (the Calgary Film online ticketing system) so that future attendance can be verified. An Agile account is necessary to progress further in the contest. If the entrant did not have one for the first five films, the Box Office cashier can make a note on their account verifying their attendance.
3. Once an entrant has seen 10 films, they will receive a custom pin from the Eau Claire Box Office, and their name and photo will be put up on our contest board there. Due to space and logistical limitations, there will be a cap on the number of contestants that can make it past this point, so we encourage all patrons to enter as soon as possible after they have seen 10 films.
a. All patrons that have seen 10 films or more are eligible to vote on our post-festival Fan Favourite Award, a new audience award determined by our most frequent filmgoers. Even if you do not enter the contest, you are still eligible to vote for this award. A voting link will be sent out shortly after the festival closes.
4. Once an entrant is on the board at the Box Office, they can stop in after seeing more films to update their progress and stay informed about their competition. Please note that attendance for every film will not be verified for every update, but it will be checked before the grand prize is awarded.
5. The contest runs from the festival Opening Gala on Wednesday, September 20 until the end of the day on Saturday, September 30. Movies seen on Sunday, October 1 will not be counted toward the contest.
6. The winner - the person who has seen the most films - will be verified in the Agile ticketing system to ensure that they actually had tickets to all the films they attended. The winner will be announced at the Awards Party on Sunday, October 1. All contest participants are invited to attend.
a. In the event of a tie, a name will be drawn live at the Awards Party to determine the winner.
7. The winner will receive a "Fan of the Year" trophy and a $1,000 voucher from Delta Airlines.