When a reclusive man-child convinces his parents to rent their spare room to save from downsizing, a stranger with a hidden agenda moves in.
In senior year Mitch Baldwin won the lottery - and three years later he was flat broke and a laughingstock. He's been holed up in his family home ever since. With his father retiring, talk of downsizing pushes Mitch to suggest renting a room to a mysterious stranger named Carl. When Carl upsets Mitch's routine way of life, a battle of wits turns into all-out war, involving deception, humiliation, spying, and revenge. How far are they prepared to go?
ROOM FOR RENT marks the second feature-length film from director Matthew Atkinson, and hits its target as a comedy with solid dramatic undertones - all based on a personal experience of his parents discussing the possible rental of his childhood bedroom. The film stars Brett Gelman (LOVE), Mark Little (MR. D), Carla Gallo (BONES), Stephnie Weir (THE COMEDIANS), Patrick J. Adams (SUITS) and Mark McKinney (THE KIDS IN THE HALL).
- Attending Guests
- Producer Justin Rabelo and Director Matthew Atkinsin at the September 23rd screening
- San Diego International Film Festival, Cinéfest Sudbury International Film Festival, Atlantic International Film Festival, Edmonton International Film Festival
- Matt Atkinson
- Executive Producer
- Tony Wosk, Scott R. Leary, Mark Satterthwaite, Jay Firestone, John Laing, Mark Gingras, Steven Pasternak
- Justin Rebelo, Kyle Bornais
- Matt Atkinson
- Robert Scarborough
- Michael Pierro
- Production Design
- Gordon Wilding
- Richard Pell, Ian Lefeuvre
- Brett Gelman, Mark Little, Carla Gallo, Stephnie Weir, Patrick J. Adams, Mark McKinney