Preceded by the short film: Punchline
Three unlikely criminal allies must unite to save a pregnant woman in this wacky violent dark comedy.
When a simple organ-harvesting caper goes awry, a twist of fate unites three of society’s forgotten and ignored: a disgraced Mexican wrestler, a recovering addict arranging a black-market kidney transplant, and Randy, a lovable parolee cursed with a full-face swastika tattoo. As the sordid lives of these small-time criminals collide, they must fight tooth and nail to save a pregnant woman from a certain, and surely gruesome, death.
LOWLIFE marks the debut feature film of director Ryan Prows, as well as the debut feature project of screenwriting collective Tomm Fondle from Los Angeles. The violent crime film had its World Premiere at the 2017 Fantasia Film Festival where it took home the Silver Prize Audience Award and a special jury mention.
LOWLIFE will be preceded by the short film:
- Fantasia, Silver Prize Audience Award & Special Jury Mention
- Fantasia Film Festival; Vancouver International Film Festival
- Ryan Prows
- Narineh Hacopian, Derek Bishe´, Tim Cairo
- Tim Cairo, Jake Gibson, Shaye Ogbonna, Ryan Prows, Maxwell Michael Towson
- Benjamin Kitchens
- Brett Bachman, Jarod Shannon
- Production Design
- Callie Andreadis
- Nicki Micheaux, Mark Burnham, Jon Oswald, Ricardo Adam Zarate, Shaye Ogbonna, Santana Dempsey