Selected as a Top 10 Audience Favourite of the Festival & an Audience Selected Encore
Sebastián (Rodrigo De la Serna, THE MOTORCYCLE DIARIES) is a slacker who is not keen on getting a proper job, much to the disappointment of his wife. When Sebastián and his wife move to a new apartment, they constantly get wrong phone calls intended for a car service company. One day, Sebastián impulsively decides to answer the phone and pretends to be employed by the car service. Just like that, Sebastián has a new job and enjoys driving people in his beloved vintage Peugeot 505. He isn’t fond of one of his passengers, an elderly man named Jalil (Ernesto Suárez) who depends on Sebastián’s car services quite a bit; then one day, Jalil asks Sebastián to drive him almost 3000 kilometres, from Buenos Aires to La Paz, Bolivia. Sebastián agrees only for the money but as the two men take the long road journey, they encounter unexpected challenges which change their lives.
Francisco Varone has crafted a humorous and heartwarming take on the road film by showing how both the journey and destination can be equally important depending on one’s perspective.
Short Before Feature: MESSIAH
- Mar del Plata Film Festival, SAGAI Best Argentine Breakthrough Performance Actor; Thessaloniki Film Festival, Won Bronze Alexander
- Official Selection: Mar del Plata Film Festival; Thessaloniki Film Festival; São Paulo International Film Festival; Chicago International Film Festival
- Francisco Varone
- Gema Juárez Allen, Francisco Varone, Omar Jadur, Dolores Llosas, Juan Taratuto, Julius Ponten, Gunter Hanfgarn, Philip Harthoorn
- Francisco Varone
- Christian Cottet
- Alberto Ponce, Federico Peretti
- Production Design
- Daniela Podcaminsky
- Vox Dei, Halveti Yerrahi Sufi Group (Buenos Aires)
- Rodrigo De La Serna, Ernesto Suárez, Elisa Carricajo