Every hour, a human organ is sold on the black market. Tales From the Organ Trade delves into the growing network of organ trade, tracing every step of this shadowy industry: the donor in the Moldova slum looking to pull his family out of poverty; his doctor hiding out in Turkey (having been dubbed Dr. Frankenstein by the European media); an Israeli middleman and physician who believes he is saving lives; and the anxious recipient in Toronto, whose health may not hold out long enough for the provincial wait list.
Through deeply personal interviews and chillingly calm narration by David Cronenberg, the latest from Canadian documentary filmmaker Ric Esther Bienstock will shatter any preconceived notions you may have of the organ trade industry.
- Winner Documentary Edge Film Festival 2013
- Hot Docs Film Festival 2013, Fantastic Fest 2013
- Ric Esther Bienstock
- Executive Producer
- Ric Esther Bienstock, Simcha Jacobovici
- Ric Esther Bienstock, Felix Golubev, Simcha Jacobovici
- Steve Weslak
- John Welsman
- David Cronenberg (narrator)