Calgary International Film Festival's Fan of the Year Award recognizes one dedicated film fan who watches the most films in the festival! Not only does the winner get a shiny trophy, but they will also receive a $1,000 USD travel voucher from Delta Airlines! After three fun years, this will be the last time CIFF is running this contest.
OFFICIAL RULES: FAN OF THE YEAR CONTEST 2019
1. An Eventive account is necessary to participate in the contest.* In order to qualify, patrons must have purchased a ticket - or redeemed their ticket bundle or pass - for five or more films.
2. Once patrons have seen five or more short film packages or feature films, they must visit the Eau Claire Box Office in person to opt-in to the contest. A representative of Calgary Film will then verify the number of tickets purchased and films seen.
3.In order to qualify, entrants must be willing to provide their first and last name to be displayed on the Fan of the Year leaderboard located at the Eau Claire Box Office and online.**
4. Once an entrant has seen 10 films, they can visit the Eau Claire Box Office in person to receive a custom pin.***
5. The contest runs from the Opening Gala on Wednesday, September 18 until the end of the day on Saturday, September 28. Movies seen on Sunday, September 29 will not be counted toward the contest. Behind the Screen events are not eligible for inclusion in the total count.
6. The winner will be verified in the Eventive ticketing system to ensure that they not only obtained tickets to all the films they've purchased or redeemed, but that their ticket has been scanned upon entry to the venue. It is the responsibility of the contestant to check with Box Office on the same day that their ticket has been scanned correctly otherwise it will not be counted. The winner will be announced before the screening of the winner's choice of film on Sunday, September 29. In the event of a tie, preference will be given to the contestant(s) who have not previously won Fan Of The Year. In the event of a tie between multiple contestants a name will be drawn to determine the winner.
7. After answering a skill testing question, the winner will receive a "Fan of the Year" trophy and a $1,000USD voucher from Delta Air Lines.
*Volunteers, festival staff, filmmakers and other industry representatives and Calgary Film Board Members are not eligible to participate.
**Entrants must sign a consent form that allows Calgary Film to use their name and photo in printed and/or digital promotional materials.
*** Limited quantities: first come, first serve.