Top 10 Things You Might Not Know About Heartland
Hey Heartlanders! Hot on the heels of our big announcement last Wednesday, we've got some trivia for you about the show. Straight from a source on the inside, here's some information about Heartland that you may have never heard before! Did you know that:
1) Heartland is currently the longest running one-hour scripted drama in Canadian television history.
2) The series is shot entirely in Alberta: the exterior scenes in Millarville, High River and the great outdoors.
3) The Town of High River markets itself as "High River - Home of Heartland" and attracts tourists from all around the globe.
4) Shaun Johnston auditioned for the role of Tim, but was asked to instead play Jack, who is significantly older than both Shaun and Tim.
5) Amber Marshall, who plays lead Amy Fleming, was a last-minute casting decision. She has ridden horses since she was 3 years old.
6) Amber Marshall has a deep personal love for animals and owns 6 horses among the over two dozen animals on her ranch.
7) Actors playing featured roles on Heartland - Stephen Amell and Tatiana Maslany - now star in their own series (THE ARROW and ORPHAN BLACK).
8) There are fans of Heartland who were not even born when the series was first broadcast!
9) Over 265,000 meals have been served to cast & crew during production of the series.
10) Season 9 was the most watched season of Heartland in Canada on CBC. The series has now averaged increased viewership for four consecutive seasons.
And one final bonus fact: more horses have appeared on Heartland than actors with speaking roles.
If you haven't picked up your tickets yet, and you want to check out the advance screening of the season 10 premiere, check out the event description and hit the "Buy Tickets" button - it's that easy. Tickets are already 80% Sold Out so be sure to move quickly. We hope to see you there!
Joining us from out of town? We have two special rates available for Heartland attendees on Saturday, Oct. 1:
Ramada Downtown Calgary: $75. To book contact the hotel. p. 1-800-661-8684 or 403-263-7600 firstname.lastname@example.org Booking ID Code CGZ086
Calgary Marriott Downtown Hotel: $139. Click here to book.